Saturday, November 7, 2009

Pocatello Part VI: We. Have. Arrived.

So after my nine day hiatus from blogging (a side-effect of, well, my laziness plus lack of internet service plus settling in at a new place plus an increasingly scattered mind), I'm back. And the great news (not that Tyler blogging isn't great news. I mean, c'mon...)? After a year of commuting to school from one place or another, we're finally in Pocatello. Now instead of driving an hour plus to class and work, it takes just five or so minutes to get to campus. And if I'm feeling green, I can even ride my bike (which I plan on doing as frequently as the weather permits). Sure this house is smaller than our last. Sure Pocatello's a bit strange (but, hey, so are we). But it was either this or life on the street because our last rental got sold out from under us and we had to leave. So why, we figured, not make our way south?

Now we're calling free (though I'm sure that won't last for long *knocks on wood*), the girls have new friends just next door and potential friends in the ward/neighborhood, and we're closer to our Utah families. Oh, and? I won't have to commute anymore...and just as winter sneaks up on us. Happy, happy day.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations and welcome back!

    As a fellow hour+ commuter, I rejoice with you in your new found proximity.

    Oh, and I like the new site design. It might not be that new, but I follow you via Google Reader and haven't stopped in to comment for a while - as I suppose you knew. So anyway, this is my first time seeing it. It looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back to you. Looks like your heavy load's lightening a bit and you've re-entered blogdom. It's good to hear from you again and good to have some things to read on Anew.

    And thanks for the props on the design. I may tweak it some when I have time to spare (Christmas break, perhaps), but I like it for now. And knowing a designer likes it, too? Well, that's just all the better.

    ReplyDelete