Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Decompression

It seems to be taking longer than I remember to decompress from this semester of school. That might have something to do with the fact that I've been wound so tight for who knows how many months that it might just take longer than usual for me to fall into summer break. It might also have something to do with the fact that I haven't really had a break from school for five years. My mind just doesn't know what to do with itself.

Or it sees so much potential that it just doesn't know where to begin.

Yeah, that's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

I've already jumped into my list of activities that I've been holding off until the semester ended:

Watch Firefly and Serenity. Check.

Catch up on Heroes episodes. Check.

Catch up on Lost episodes. Check.

Clean out the garage. Check.

Start training (running) in earnest. Check.

Spend time with the girls without homework eating at the back of my mind. Check (though I still feel the idea of homework pinching my brain---it's a nagging guilt, really, that I should probably turn to some writing).

I've been reading a volume of Fitzgerald's short stories that I picked up at Smith's last week and I'd like to get that done in the next week or two. And I've got some other reading and writing projects that I've been anxious to devote more time to once summer started.

And today's the first time I've really felt like writing.

Kind of.

So I'm forcing myself into it. Hence this post. Hence the poem I started this morning and that I'm leaving you for right now.

Bye.

2 comments:

  1. .

    If you need something to do, I've been meaning to make a schedule....

    ReplyDelete