Monday, January 5, 2009

My Latest Poetry Acquisition

...or, I can't fight this feeling any longer.

Since my poetic nerve has been acting up lately and since I got...well, since my wife and I got a Barnes and Noble gift card for Christmas (I can't think of a better gift!), I picked up Pablo Neruda: Selected Poems, a bilingual volume (Spanish and English) edited and with a foreword by Nathaniel Tarn. I've wanted it for a while now, since I first came across it here, and I'm anxious to dive in.

Don't worry: I'll keep you posted on my time with Pablo.

And for a little taste of the man himself, you can find some of his poems here and here.

Happy reading.

(Image from redpoppy.net.)

2 comments:

  1. .

    I read my first volume of Neruda last year and while I liked it, I was enthralled by the Picasso illustrations. That caught me offguard....

    It was a Valentine's Day gift from the missus. Apropos, n'est cepas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure Pablo and Pablo make a great combo. Selected Poems doesn't have illustrations with it, so I'm stuck with just the words, which, frankly, paint quite the enthralling picture themselves.

    ReplyDelete