Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I've Gone and Kinged Myself

So every now and then I hop over to Twitter to see what some of my friends are tweeting. I considered joining the zeitgeist a while ago, but didn't think it would be beneficial unless I'd also gone mobile, something I remedied last weekend when my bride broke down and told me I could upgrade to an iPhone. Now I'm stuck to my touch screen (much to my wife's chagrin) and looking for ways to optimize my productivity on the projects that mean most to me. And jumping into Twitter is one way I hope to do that---by connecting myself to networks that can further plug me into the knowledge I'm looking for and that can help me grow vocationally as poet, teacher, and scholar. That and I'm intrigued by the rhetorical function of Twitter and being part of it, I think, is one way of understanding that function.

So here I am. Follow me. Mention me. Direct message me. And above all, please, oh please, optimize me.

2 comments:

  1. (As do you.)

    Isn't that what monarchy is all about: extending one's ([un]righteous) dominion?

    I feel my power growing already...

    ReplyDelete