Thursday, June 25, 2009

"What's the matter, don't like books anymore?"

So Borders asks in the most recent email I got begging me to come back, to buy some books from them. And I rejoinder, "What the heck kind of marketing technique is that? Of course I like books. And, sure I used one of your outlet stores to feed my bibliophila, but I didn't think we were exclusive. I'm playing the field right now and I think I always will. So get off my back. You're suffocating me."

Couldn't they think of something a bit less, um, manipulative?

3 comments:

  1. And less obnoxious. That would be good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are they trying to alienate you, or did they think you'd take it as a joke?

    Hey, I hope this isn't too weird, but if you still have that e-mail could you forward it to me? I'm sort of developing a shrine to manipulative/deceptive/inappropriate marketing - as a business student I call upon such examples regularly. I would love to add this to my collection.

    ReplyDelete